Terms and Conditions for First Notes Classes and Waiver of Liability
Completing your registration indicates that you have read and agree with the following terms and conditions and that you have read the "Return to In Person Learning" document regarding Spring 2021 classes.
1. No refunds will be given after the first class of the session. Credit toward a future session will be given only in extraordinary circumstances, i.e. premature birth, illness requiring hospitalization, etc. This is at the discretion of the director.
2. In the event of increasing pandemic restrictions that cause classes to be virtual only, no refunds or credits will be given.
3. Parents are solely responsible for their children in class; under no circumstances can a child be left in the classroom without a parent or designated adult. The designated adult cannot be the teacher.
4. Two makeup classes are allowed per child per session on a space allowable basis. Makeups are to be scheduled by using the makeup scheduler. Families with more than one child need to schedule each child individually to allow for an accurate class census. Makeups do not carry over into subsequent sessions.
5. Diapers are to be changed only in the rest room, and both the adult's and child's hands should be washed before returning to class. If there is an older sibling, they must accompany you except when another designated adult is present.
6. No food or beverages of any kind are allowed in the classroom, with the exception of water in a sippy cup or bottles for infants. We are a breastfeeding supportive business, and welcome nursing in class.
7. We are a music immersion program and ask that you do not talk during class, either to your child or other adults.
8. No weapons of any kind are permitted in our locations or classrooms.
9. Cell phones are to be stored away for the duration of the class and set to silent.
10. Photography and videography in the classroom are strictly prohibited.
11. Please set all devices to quiet.
Waiver of Liability
As Consideration for being allowed to enter the class space and/or Participate in any class, party and/or program at First Notes the undersigned, on his or her behalf, and on the behalf of the Participant(s) identified below, acknowledges, appreciates, understands, and agrees to the following:
1. I represent that I am the parent or legal guardian of the Participant(s) named below or I have obtained permission from the parent/legal guardian of the Participant(s) named below to execute this agreement on their behalf. I understand that I am solely responsible for the care of the Participant(s) named below.
2. I acknowledge and understand that there are known and unknown risks associated with participation in First Notes activities and the use of the play area and any and all other First Notes equipment, including but not limited to the Playgroup, music classes, and birthday parties, which include but are not limited to: contusions, fractures, scrapes, cuts, bumps. I acknowledge and understand that these risks include the possibility of exposure to Covid 19.
3. I, for myself and the Participant(s) named, willingly assume the risks associated with participation and accept that there are also risks that may arise due to OTHER PARTICIPANTS which I also willingly assume.
4. I agree that the Participant(s) named, and I shall comply with all stated and customary terms, posted safety signs, rules, and verbal instructions as conditions for participation in any event at First Notes.
5. I, for myself, the Participant(s) named, our heirs, assigns, representatives, and next of kin agree to hold harmless, release, waive and indemnify the owner of this First Notes facility, First Notes, their predecessors, parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, officers, and employees from any and all injuries, liabilities or damages from participation, except for those arising from the gross negligence or willful misconduct of First Notes.
6. I additionally agree to indemnify the independent owner of this First Notes facility, First Notes, their predecessors, parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, officers, and employees for any defense cost or expense arising from any and all claims, injuries, liabilities or damages arising from participation, except for those arising from the gross negligence or willful misconduct of First Notes.
7. I am of physical and cognitive ability to participate and am legally competent to understand and complete this agreement. I hereby execute this agreement without coercion.
8. I understand that entry, by myself and the participant(s) named, constitutes consent for First Notes to use any film, video, or likeness of participants for any purpose whatsoever, without payment to the participant.
9. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Agreement shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect.
10. Any controversy, dispute, or claim arising out of or related to this Agreement, which the parties are unable to resolve by mutual agreement, shall be settled exclusively by submission by either party of the controversy, claim or dispute to binding arbitration; said arbitration to take place exclusively before a single arbitrator located within 25 miles of the event location and in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association then in effect.
By checking this box, I further acknowledge and accept the terms and conditions of this waiver, release, hold harmless and indemnification agreement as detailed in 1 through 7 above for any and all future visits during the next twelve (12) month period. Please keep this waiver, release, hold harmless and indemnification agreement on file and active, for the participants and parent/guardian listed above, for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of acceptance.